In 1930 the Wayne County, Indiana Historical Society accepted the gift of extensive personal collections from Julia Meek Gaar, and the gift of the historical Friends Meeting House at 1150 North A Street, Richmond from the Whitewater Monthly Meeting of Friends (General Conference) commonly known as Hicksites. The beautiful Meetinghouse ground was purchased and two adjoining lots were added later.
Through the succeeding years area residents have contributed countless heirlooms and memorabilia to... Read More
The museum is located on a beautifully kept former Hicksite Meeting House that is on the National Register of Historic Places.... Read More
Our friendly and hardworking staff greet visitors upon arrival and do everything they can to keep the museum in excellent shape... Read More
The museum board guides the future of the museum and works closely with Executive Director Jim Harlan to manage the facilities... Read More
Our gift shop offers kids items, local products such as pottery, and an excellent selection of books on Wayne County. The kids... Read More